Sunday, January 27, 2008

Knitting and Reading

packed bag

My bag is packed and I'm ready to go. Adam is scheduled for surgery tomorrow morning at 8:00. We need to be at the hospital at 6:30. It's bound to be a long day with lots of waiting. My goal was to get the Madder Ribbed socks to the gusset so I could have some mindless knitting to do at the hospital. I've got it all packed away in my favorite little project bag. It will keep me company tomorrow.

Brigit 1

As soon as I got the Madder Ribbed sock where I needed it to be, I abandoned it for Brigit. I think I made a great choice with this pattern. It's such a nice pattern but I don't care for the yarn used in the pattern picture. I think Brigit looks beautiful in this Zen Yarn Garden. I'm loving both yarn and pattern. I even learned to cable without a needle to handle all these little tiny one stitch cables. Dropping the stitch off the needle and leaving it hanging there doesn't work for me but knitting into the second stitch or rearranging the stitches works wonderfully. It's great to be able to knit just with my regular Knit Picks circs and not have to deal with a cable needle.

I hated to put the sock down today but all that cabling tends to hurt my wrists and I don't want a knitting injury right now. Besides, I'm reading World Without End and I don't want to put it down either. I pretty much spent the day reading, knitting and tending the fire. I managed to get a modicum of housework done and made 3 pounds of meatballs but mostly I enjoyed the quiet and solitude while Mr. Baseball and the older boys were on the slopes.

Please keep us in your thoughts tomorrow. I'll check in if I can.