Tuesday, October 16, 2007

An overdue thank you

SP Package


I headed outside this morning to take some long overdue pictures. Sadly, the pictures didn't come out great but I'm thinking that if I wait to get perfect pictures I may never update the blog.

First things first. I owe a long overdue thank you to my wonderful SP9 buddy. Jessica was truly a wonderful pal. She really took the time to put together packages just for me. All three packages she sent were filled with items that let me know she was trying to find the perfect gifts for me. I appreciate every single thing she sent. What I liked best was that she appealed to both my foodie and fiber side. She sent this cute little cookbook as well as hand made goodies. She also sent lots and lots of tea. She even knitted a cozy for the travel tea mug she gifted me. AND she dyed yarn especially for me. Thank you, Jessica! You truly were a special pal.

Artyarns socks


I made these socks from the Artyarns Ultramerino that Jessica sent in my second package. I knit them toe up and learned lots of new-to-me techniques. I really liked Judy's Magic Cast on and feel that Wendy's toe up gusset and heel flap makes the best toe up heel I've tried yet. I used a bind off found on Grumperina's blog. The socks are definitely a mish mosh of toe up techniques that best suited me. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the socks. They are, perhaps, a bit too big and the heel is sort of bunchy or something but I finished them and I'll wear them. The yarn is wonderful and I'd love to use it again.

Toe up heel