Friday, October 26, 2007

Green Monster Rally Monkey Socks

Rally_Monkey


As you know, I've been knitting good luck socks for the Red Sox since September. I asked you to chime in with your opinion on whether I should continue with my October socks or start a new pair for the World Series. The vast majority of you said I should start a new pair. Blogless Diane mentioned that she had never knit her red Red Sox socks but that she had knit a pair of Green Monster socks.

Green Monster socks sounded like a great idea to me but I still needed a pattern. I brought the idea to Ravelry and the majority of people suggested Monkeys. Hence, theGreen Monster Rally Monkey Socks were born. We even have a little KAL going on. You don't have to knit Monkey socks to join us but you do have to knit green ones. If you're not on Ravelry but want to join us in knitting Green Monster socks for the Red Sox, just leave a link to your socks in the comments field.

Here's the beginning of my Green Monster Rally Monkey Socks:

Green Monster Monkey Rally Socks

I cast on during the pregame show before the first game. Right as I started the first pattern row, the first batter for the Red Sox hit a homerun right into the Green Monster. Coincidence? I think not.

The Sox are now up 2 games to 0. We move to Colorado tomorrow night. Go Sox!!!