Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Celebrating

Peanut butter chocolate chip cookie pie

Today is my 15th wedding anniversary. It hardly seems possible. I feel very blessed to have married a man that I love more today than I did 15 years ago. I am grateful for our three boys, our wonderful home, and our strong marriage.

To celebrate, I made this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. A month or so ago I asked Mr. Baseball to go through one of my cookbooks with some Post It flags to flag recipes he would be interested in. This is one of his flagged recipes. We haven't tried it yet but it sure smells good.

In other celebratory news, this is our first day without Contractor Dude. He's all done. I can't even begin to tell you how happy the boys and I are to have our house back. There's still some work to be done but Mr. Baseball will finish that on Friday. I am SO happy with how the renovations turned out. I'll take pictures on a sunny day to show it off. Mr. Baseball and I went out last night to buy some carpets for two of the rooms and new furniture for the family room. We got carpets at The Christmas Tree Shop and furniture from Bob's Discount Furniture. Here's the furniture we chose. We got the love seat, chair and ottoman (the sofa wouldn't fit) and it will be delivered next Thursday.

Knitting has been slow going. I've just been too tired to get much done at night and too busy during the day. I'm enjoying the Harvest Cables, however, and I'm working on the heel flap of the first one. The first Lichen Ribbed sock is just about at the toe. Perhaps tonight I'll finish it.