Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Waiting in the wings


Wow, that's fast service! When I saw that yarn4socks was having a sale I couldn't wait to place my order. They carry the J. Knits sock yarn that I was raving about last week. I placed my order Christmas Eve day and it was mailed that same day. I was very pleasantly surprised to see my order in my mailbox today.

On the left are two skeins of Lorna's Laces in the Grapevine colorway - it's the perfect shade of purple. Next to that is J. Knits Light Sock in the Massachusetts colorway - beautiful shades of roses and pinks (I love it even if I'm not a pink kind of girl). Finally, on the right is J. Knits sock yarn in Tamap - shades of pink and gray. Mmmmm ... I'm not sure what drew me to the pinks as I have never, ever knit with pink before but this yarn is luscious..

The weather is not exactly sunny today but is clear and I thought it might be nice to try to get some outside shots. Below is a skein of Cherry Tree Hill in one of their potluck colorways. This one is shades of clue and green (mostly green). The wonderful owner of Ewe'll Love It sent this to me after my Cherry Tree Hill disaster. She picked it out for me herself and I think it's beautiful. I don't normally knit with green because the color makes me look ill but in socks it will be perfect.



Finally, I took another picture of that Bearfoot sock yarn I posted about yesterday. I think this picture shows the colors much more accurately though still not perfectly. I like how quickly this yarn knits up - I'm just about through the gusset without a lot of time or effort.