Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Still here


Baseball season is better for knitting.

I haven't meant to be absent; I've just been doing the Mom thing. November has been a busy Scout month for the boys. We had Veteran's Day, the Spaghetti Dinner, and Scouting for Food as well as our regular weekly meetings. My oldest son has had patrol events on two weekends this month and Troop events on the others. This weekend we have our town Christmas tree lighting which is done by the Scouts. It's been busy. Scouts requires me to be a participant, or at the very least a driver. Not much knitting time thrown in there.

I'm still knitting away on my Raspberry Mocha sock. I'm on the foot now so it shouldn't be too much longer. I LOVE these socks and the yarn. I can't wait to wear them. Right now this sock is the only thing I'm knitting. I've got my Irish Hiking Scarf to finish - only 5 inches or so left. I've also got the second toe up Trekking sock to get on the needles but I don't have any desire to start it except that I'd like to have a pair of socks.

I stopped by an A.C. Moore today while I was out running errands (45 minutes from home) because I heard they were discounting their nicer, high end yarn. I found some beautiful yarn there but I couldn't figure out what to do with it so it stayed there. The magazine picture above, however, came home with me. Oh. My. Goodness. If you get a chance to purchase this magazine, please do so. Every single recipe looks like it's to die for. I can't wait to make one.