Thursday, November 23, 2006

I'm so very thankful

It may be trite to blog on Thanksgiving evening but I can't help a short post. I love every thing about Thanksgiving - the food, the Macy's parade, football, time with family, the food. I am by nature a very grateful person. I look around me every day and am amazed at all I have to be thankful for. But on Thanksgiving, it's nice to be reminded to be thankful.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It was my husband, my boys, my sister and her children, and me. I cooked all the standard fare - turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, rolls, corn and apple pie. Everything was delicious, cooked on time and was hassle free. The children all enjoyed their food and everyone was polite and got along. Ahhh ...

After dinner and after my husband had done the dishes and our company had left, I sat by the fire in the family room, alone, and knitted. It was wonderful.

For these and many more things I am thankful this year:

  1. My family. I couldn't ask for a better husband or sweeter children. I love them all.
  2. My health. It may not be perfect but it could be much, much worse.
  3. My home. I love my home, my town, my neighborhood. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the entire world.
  4. Good friends.
  5. Wonderful people like coaches, teachers, mentors and leaders in my boys' lives. It's not possible to raise good children all alone.
  6. Getting my knitting mojo back. I've missed it.