Friday, November 03, 2006

Monogamy is boring


I really love my Trekking sock. The yarn is beautiful and now that I'm past that pesky heel the sock is coming along quite nicely. The thing is ... it's boring. It's perfect for being out and about but I like something with a little more of a challenge when I'm home.

I pulled this pattern out of my stash. It's by Country Trunk and is called Guernsey Style Sock. I used it ages ago with a sportweight (or is dk weight?) Silja. Now I'm making it with some absolutely scrumptious yarn out out by Seacoast Handpainted Yarns in a colorway called Raspberry Mocha. I bought this a little while ago at a terrific yarn store while I was visiting my grandmother.

I had to tweak things a bit because while I could get the recommended gauge of 7 spi on size 2 US needles, this just made the sock too big and flimsy. I went down to my usual size 1s and kept the stitches the same and the sock is coming out great.

Tomorrow I'm heading up to the King Arthur Flour store. It's kind of like baking p*rn. The store is just so wonderful for those of us who love to bake. I'm not sure what I'm buying even though I keep meaning to make a list but I do know that I'm sure to find many, many things that I need.