Sunday, November 26, 2006

Instant Gratification

One skein baby hat



I've been wanting to knit this baby hat from One Skein since the book entered my hands. When I found out on Friday night that the wives of two old friends are expecting babies, I was so excited. Yesterday, I tried a new LYS in search of yarn. The Classic Elite Lush called for in the pattern is beautiful but I wasn't inspired by any of the colors. Instead, I chose another Classic Elite yarn called Princess. Oh. My. Yarn. Goodness. This yarn is so unbelievably soft. It's a merino, rayon, cashmere, nylon, angora blend that is perfect for a baby's head.

I started the hat last night and finished it this morning. I haven't had instant knitting gratification like that in a long time. I think it's absolutely adorable and I'm going to get it packed up to send to the mama to be right away as her due date is December 12.

On the non-knitting front, I've made some brownies (from a box) and Rice Krispies Treats for the Tree Lighting tonight. The brownies were free (using coupons and the Grocery Game) and the Rice Krispies treats were made because my husband found a stash of marshmallows in my baking cabinets when he cleaned them out this weekend. Apparently, I always think we need marshmallows for s'mores whenever we have a fire so I buy a bag each time. There's only so many marshmallows one house needs. So brownies and Rice Kripies treats for the Christmas Tree lighting - it may not be gourmet but the kids will love them.