Sunday, October 01, 2006

Blogging without pictures

Blogging without pictures is like:

  • cookies without chocolate
  • apples without pie
  • hugs without kisses
  • October without the Red Sox (oh, but that's REALLY, REALLY sad)

Blogging without pictures is really, really boring. I've taken some great pictures that I'd love to share. I started the Irish Hiking Scarf and it's moving along very quickly. It's over 33 inches long now and I just started my second skein of Lamb's Pride. I brought it with me to soccer yesterday and knit through large parts of two games. I also brought it to baseball last night but temperatures around 50 degrees prevented me from getting too much knitting done.

The pattern for the Irish Hiking Scarf is simple and easy to memorize. The Lamb's Pride is just bulky enough and the size 8 needles feel huge. It's very gratifying to have something knit up so fast. I see more of these in my future.

I talked to the computer guru yesterday and things were not looking good for my computer. It's a hardware problem and they can't figure out why the computer won't start. Good thing it's under warranty. I'm grateful to have my old computer and I don't dare say anything bad about it but I really want my computer back. My husband will see if he can work something out so I can upload pics later but hopefully the computer will be back very, very soon.

The real bright spot in my weekend is that I received my package from my Chocolate Swap partner, Shannan. She went all out. It really cheered me up yesterday. I almost cried when I got the package. I don't want to say too much about it without pictures so I'll wait to blog about all my chocolately goodness but let me say that Dove chocolate covered almonds are one of my all time favorite treats, hot cocoa with cinnamon was great after spending many hours on the sidelines yesterday, and Lorna's Laces chocolate yarn is on my needles now to make my Socktoberfest socks.

(Please forgive the lack of links. I don't like to have too many windows open at one time on this computer)