Monday, October 16, 2006

Sock books

When I first started knitting socks many years ago, there weren't many sock books being published. The first sock I ever knit was from a pattern in Homespun, Handknit. I've always loved this book. I even like the way it smells (don't ask ... I just think it smells good).

homespun handknit


I bought a few more books and even made a few socks but then I heard about this booklet on the socknitters list.
Ribbing plain and fancy


It's not a very fancy booklet - only 20 pages long with small black and white photographs. At the time it didn't do too much for me because I needed a pattern all nice and printed out for me and this book didn't offer that. It offered a formula which I wasn't ready for at the time. Now that I have my own formula for making socks, I'm thinking it's time to revisit this little booklet.

Does anyone else have this little gem?