Friday, September 29, 2006

Ack!!

My computer is broken. My lovely computer that I had built back in January is in the shop. It started acting weird a few days ago but I ignored it and hoped it would behave again soon. Alas, this morning, the computer would not start. My husband brought it to the computer gurus that built it but when I spoke with them earlier this evening they had not found the problem. I told them that I know they are brilliant and I have every faith that my computer will be returned to me tomorrow. Computer guru man did not sound very optimistic. Please pray to the computer gods for me.

I am now on our OLD computer. This computer does not typically work very well and no one uses it unless it is absolutely necessary (like right now). I have no way to upload photos and I'm careful not to overdo. But I'm grateful to have any computer access at all.

After finishing my Redwood Socks the other night I thought it might be fun to try something new before Socktoberfest. I had follwed the links to the Fall Cable Knit Along and thought I'd give it a shot. I cast on for the Irish Hiking Scarf at baseballl practice Wednesday evening and quickly decided I loved the pattern. I found two very old skeins of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride in my stash. That yarn has been in my stash for 12 years!!! I know this because I bought a large amount of yarn right after I learned to knit from a friend who was moving to Florida and said she had no use for wool. I've used yarn from that stash over the years to make many hats, mittens and felted items but I still have some left.

I tried to scan the scarf but the scan came out all wonky. I'm not sure if it's because you can't scan white well but the scan is not worth sharing. I'm almost through the first skein and the scarf measures 24 inches long. I'm thinking it will make the perfect birthday present for a friend who loves all things Irish.

Before Sunday, I will have my new socks cast on for Socktoberfest.