Friday, October 06, 2006

Let the blogging begin ...

My computer is finally back from the shop complete with a new motherboard and power source. I have so much to catch up on.

First in line is my tea swap package. My package from Michelle O. is amazing and I love every bit of it.

First, the tea ...
tea
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the mug. It might be my favorite part of the package. Paired with the Awake tea it's beyond compare. It's everything I love in a mug - handcrafted, a good heft and feel, and plenty large. I've only tried the Awake tea so far but I think I'll have the breakfast tea tomorrow before I head out into the cold for soccer.


Next, the yarn ...
tea swap yarn
Socks that Rock in Titania. It's a beautiful colorway. I just might have to try my first pair of toe up socks with this yarn. The yardage is a big shorter and I have BIG feet. Toe up is the way to go to appreciate all the yarn.
Aren't the needles beautiful? The amazing thing is that I'm making the Irish Hiking Scarf and they use this size needles. I promptly moved my scarf to my new needles and I've been loving them.


Finally, the goodies ...
tea swap goodies
What can I say? Chocolate and cookies - enough for 3 hungry boys and a mom who shares somewhat grudgingly.

I am so grateful for my package. It made a miserable week much, much more bearable.