Monday, October 23, 2006

Chocolate swap

My first swap, the Chocolate Swap has officially ended. It was great fun. By the time I found the swap it was almost filled. I begged Abigaill to let me in and promised to send very good chocolate if she would. I loved shopping for my partner and sent out my box very quickly. Thankfully, I also had a speedy partner who sent out my package early.

It was so much fun to get a package in the mail. Shannan sent me the Chocolate Lorna's Laces with which I made the Columbine Peak socks pictured below. I had never used LL before and I fell in love. She also sent me a LOT of chocolate which I'm still enjoying today (as it is hidden in my closet and I ration it out to myself daily).

Last night, I found out I won the drawing to end the swap!!! Yeah!!! I am so excited. I tried to explain my excitement to my husband but he said something like, "That's really nice, hon" and clearly didn't get it. I've won a $25 gift certificate to The Loopy Ewe. I've been checking out their yarns and they all look wonderful. I'm open to anything but I think it would be fun to get a yarn I've never tried before. Something like Sweet Georgia or All Things Heather. A sport weight yarn would be quick to knit up but I worry that I'd run out of yarn with my big honking feet. The merino/tencel blend sounds tempting. Has anyone knit with it yet? The obvious choice would be the Claudia Handpainted yarn in the colorway Chocolate Cherry. I'd love suggestions or opinions.

Thank you, Abigail, for a terrific swap and thank you, Shannan, for being the greatest partner. I can't wait for Chocolate Swap 2.