Sunday, September 03, 2006

Frustrated

Friday night we celebrated my youngest son's 7th birthday with bowling and
pizza. You know you're a bad bowler when a 7 yo does better than you :-)


I finished my middle son's sock last night (the blue photo below)
It's just a basic sportweight sock done in k2p2 rib on 2 circs. I had originally started it on
48 stitches but when he tried it on he said it was too big so I went
down to 44 stitches. Now he says it feels too tight - and it certainly
does seem so. Nonetheless, I'll make the second sock the same and if he
says he doesn't like them I'll find a good cause to donate them to.

On a similar note, I've been working on a pair of Jaywalkers for
myself. For regular stockinette socks I cast on 64 stitches as I have
pretty thin legs (though VERY big feet at size 10). I thought the 76
stitch cast on would be huge. Now I'm to the heel and I think they're
going to be too tight as slipping them on now feels awfully tight
(though they don't feel tight around the leg once they're on). I like
the look of the pattern though it's hard to check guage in it. I'm a
bit frustrated.

I'm thinking that I'll cast on a regular old pair of stockinette socks
in fallish Trekking colors later today. Watching the Red Sox play is
about all the frustration I can handle for one afternoon.