Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Drowning my sorrows ...

I had a sad day Monday. I went to see my Nana who is moving to Florida. Nana is not well and she's moving in with my mom. I went to bring dinner and to help her throw out stuff that needed to go. It was a sad and painful (for me) visit as it will probably be the last time I ever see my grandmother.

While I was in town, I stopped by a yarn store I had read about on the internet. Ewe'll Love It! is the most amazing yarn store I've ever been in. It was a little difficult to find and parking was a chore but once I was inside I totally forgot my worries. The store is large with LOTS of yarn. There's even a sale loft. The owner was friendly, welcoming and helpful without hovering. She kindly told me that all handpainted yarns were 15% off.

I had a great time shopping even though I only had 1/2 hour until closing time. I did some credit card damage in that time. I wish I had a photo to share but ... I bought two skeins of Cascade 220 to make some socks for my 12 year old son who wears size 10.5 shoes. The Cascade 22o is very camo looking and I think he'll love them. I also bought a skein of Cherry Tree Hill Yarn in Tropical Storm and a skein of Seacoast Handpaint (but I can't remember the name right now).

The wonderful owner even wound the skeins into center pull balls for me even though it was after closing. I also bought a few little thing-a-ma-bobs for a couple of swaps I'm in. One of them is just what I needed to finish the bookmark I'm making.

It's not often that I post a yarn store review but Ewe'll Love It! is really a cut above the rest.