Friday, September 15, 2006

Git 'er done

Jared's socks

I don't usually speak like Larry the Cable Guy but last night I just kept saying, "Git 'er done" in my best Larry voice. I really wanted to be done with these socks. I know they're children's socks but they're 6 inches tall before the heel and 5.5 inches after the heel before the toe - they're the size of some adult socks. AND I knew that they didn't fit Jared but I finished them anyway. They really are too tight for Jared and he's agreed I can donate them to charity. I'll make him another pair. Someday.

I plan to donate these socks to charity. Please leave me a comment to let me know about a charity that would like 100% wool socks for children and how to reach them.

Redwood Forest yarn

The good news is that I was able to cast on with my new lovely yarn from Knit Picks. It's Redwood Forest from the Memories line. I think it looks exactly like Fall leaves in New England. These socks are for ME. I'm just using a simple Checkerweave Pattern that I downloaded years ago from The Sock Guy's site. The yarn feels wonderful and I'm knitting on U.S. 2's to get guage so they're knitting up quickly.