Friday, February 01, 2008

Thnking happy thoughts

Lucy

It's been a tough week. I imagine any week that starts with a visit to the hospital at 6:30 in the morning is bound to be somewhat difficult. Thankfully, Adam is recovering quite well from his surgery and adjusting to life on crutches. It's keeping him somewhat housebound but he's managing.

Fingerprint animals

Sadly, we got the news in the middle of the week that a friend had died. He's not really a friend I suppose but I don't know the word to use for someone who you've known on a casual basis for many years. I don't know the circumstances of his death except that it was a "tragic accident". He was only 50 years old and left behind a young daughter and many people who loved him.

Flowers

The next day I learned that Gigi Silva, Momma Monkey, of Socktopia fame had also died. I know that she had lupus and was ill but had no idea she could die. I didn't know her well but we had a short internet correspondence. She left behind young children. I am currently knitting Brigit which is one of Gigi's sock designs. Since receiving the news I've stalled on the sock. I adore the pattern and will continue with healing thoughts for Gigi's children. May she rest in peace.

I had no new photos for this post so decided to search through my flickr archive to share photos that make me happy. A photo-less post would have been too depressing.