Thursday, February 28, 2008

Seeing Red

Barber Pole

When I saw this yarn advertised on Ravelry, I knew I had to have it. Ellen says it knits up in stripes about 5 rows wide. The colors are perfect for knitting Good Juju socks during baseball season this year. The yarn is calling my name loudly but I'm ignoring it. I won't cast on until the season officially starts in just under a month. It helps to keep that in mind as we go through snowstorm after snowstorm. We had yet more snow yesterday and have now passed all time records. It's been a long, long winter.

loopy tote

When I saw these Loopy totes, I had to order one (well, I actually ordered two - one for me and one for my Red Sox Spring Training Swap partner). It's the perfect sized bag for toting around a sock sized project and just love the colors. I'm not a big fan of fancy bags but this little tote is just the thing for me.

For those of you wondering if my luck has changed yet in 2008, let me assure you that it hasn't. Both Mr. Baseball and I were struck down with a nasty stomach virus this past weekend. My saving grace was that Youngest Boy was staying at a friend's house for a couple of days. Sadly, he called to ask me to pick him up early because he wasn't feeling well. He's got the same bug. The desktop started smelling like something was burning so we brought it into the shop and got a new fan. No big deal really but I wasn't too happy with the $80 fee! Finally, on Monday night Adam came downstairs to tell me that my new laptop was acting funny. Sure enough - blue screen of death and lots of other bad stuff. I brought the laptop to the shop and was told that my video card had died. Thankfully, it's under warranty and they're ordering me a new laptop to replace the dead one. It should be here in a few days.

I have to just shake my head and laugh. It's starting to sound like a high pitched cackling sort of laugh but I'm laughing just the same.