Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Bowl Sunday

Super Bowl Madness

Can you guess what I did today? I participated in a long standing LYS tradition and attended Super Bowl sales. To be fair, I actually did some Super Bowl shopping yesterday, too. Today I checked out a different LYS. I've been to Yarns for Ewe before but they didn't have what I was looking for. They're sock yarn selection is small and uninteresting. Today, however, I was not looking for sock yarn. I decided this year to broaden my horizons. I still plan to knit plenty of socks but I also want to add some hats, scarves and mittens into the mix.

Bunch of Malabrigo

Can you believe I've never knit with Malabrigo before? I bought this lovely bunch to make some hats and scarves for Christmas presents. I can't imagine anyone not loving the softness that is Malabrigo. I can hardly wait to cast on a project. I just have to decide what to do first and check out my needle inventory.

Freedom Spirit Green

I found a new to me yarn called Freedom Spirit. This yarn would make a very affordable larger project as it costs only $4.50 per ball. I bought two balls to make a pair of mittens. It's quite pretty and very soft. It's always fun to find a new yarn.

In addition, to the Malabrigo and Freedom Spirit, I bought a skein of Dream in Color Classy and some Classic Elite Princess (for fingerless mitts). All in all, I had some wonderful stash enhancements but didn't go overboard. I think I'm all set for quite awhile (not including sock club kits). I feel yarn full.

Madder Ribbed 2

I finished my Madder Ribbed Socks yesterday morning. I do love Mountain Colors Bearfoot and find it the perfect yarn to use for the simpple ribbed Nancy Bush patterns. It hardly seems worth sharing this photo as you can hardly see the socks but it's proof that they are indeed finished. I'm going to attempt to get a better picture later this week if the sun comes out so you may be seeing this socks again.

Now it's time for me to prepare for the actual Super Bowl. The Super Bowl is one of the national holidays in our family. It tends to fall within a few days of Mr. Baseball's birthday and so we like to have a Super Bowl/birthday party filled with lots of good junk food like pizza, buffalo chicken wings, nachos,and ice cream cake. I need to go make some 7 layer dip now so Mr. Baseball has something to eat when he gets home from skiing.

Go Pats!!