Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm feeling like Lucy at the candy factory. Everything seems to be coming at me really fast and I'm not able to keep up. With life stuff, I just put my head down and keep on shoveling. Sooner or later I'll get to the bottom of the pile. With knitting stuff, however, I'm not sure what to do. When I returned to knitting 2 years ago after a many year hiatus I was thrilled with the new blogging community that I found. Blogs were a great way to find like minded folks and to stay connected. Through blogs I met many really nice people and found great knitting opportunities.

One of the first things I became involved in was a Chocolate Swap. I'd never done a swap before and I had a blast. It was so much fun to receive a package in the mail. At the end of the swap, I won a contest whose prize was a gift certificate to The Loopy Ewe. That one gift certificate opened up many doors for me as I discovered the world of online yarn buying.

zen garden 1

One thing lead to another and I soon had a stash of yarn like never before. I joined the sock club at The Loopy Ewe and got even more yarn. This year I added another sock club from Zen Yarn Garden. I'm thrilled I joined the club because it has exposed me to different yarns which I have loved. But ... now I have more yarn coming in than I do going out. I haven't touched either of the last Loopy sock clubs (maybe that tells me how I feel about them) and I'm still working on the sock from the January Zen Yarn Garden shipment.

zen garden 2

Yesterday I received the February Zen Yarn Garden yarn. It's beautiful. I want to knit it now. I know it will make beautiful socks. I'm committed to finishing Brigit before starting another pair and I've got the Srunchable scarf to keep me busy when Brigit is not appropriate. The thing is, I want to enjoy my knitting and not feel like I'm somehow falling behind. I'm trying very hard this year to maintain more balance. For me, this means keeping the house moderately clean, paying attention to the boys, exercising, reading, and knitting other items besides socks. I'm doing okay with my balancing act but still I feel like Lucy so clearly something is off.