Friday, February 29, 2008

Scrunchable Scarf

Scrunchable Scarf E

Pattern: Scrunchable Scarf

Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted Bergamota

Needles: size 10 U.S.


One of my goals for 2008 is to knit a non-sock project for every month. I don't typically knit Christmas gifts but this year I thought I'd knit a few. I knit this Srunchable Scarf for my sister-in-law, Debbie. I cast on the night of the Super Bowl when I realized I needed a simple project to keep me busy. The Patriots lost but the Malabrigo kept me happy.

Scrunchable Scarf 1

I have another skein in this same color and plan to cast on the Amanda Hat tomorrow for a Malabrigo March KAL. I also plan to knit a Koolhaas in a different Malabrigo colorway. It's fun to knit with larger needles for a change and I'm loving the Malabrigo. One of my LYS got a new shipment in this week and I'm going to Knit Night tonight - I could come home with a new skein or two.