Friday, April 27, 2007

They're getting so big

Lucy April
I haven't posted a picture of Lucy in a long time. Here she is relaxing in the bathroom window - one of her favorite spots. She's recovering nicely from her surgery earlier this week. She's getting bigger - almost big enough to go outside with the other cats. We just have to make sure she's big enough not to get carried away by a hawk or an owl.

I got a phone call from my middle son at Disney World last night. He'd had a wonderful day and just watched the parade. He's not a big communicator on the phone - it's hard to get him to say much more than "Yup" but he went on and on about the parade and the rides he had been on and the pool at the hotel. According to my mother, my son was most impressed by the fact that their hotel room had a bathroom! Clearly he is not a world traveler. I am amazed that this 9 year old son of mine flew on an airplane by himself to go over a thousand miles away to stay with his grandmother. There were times I wondered if he'd ever even be able to leave us to live on his own as an adult. He's getting so big.

Lastly, I picked up the Mexicali Peppers sock again. I decided to just give it a go and see how far I could get before I ran out of yarn. Funny thing is that now I'm starting to feel optimistic. I've got 4 repeats on the leg done - only 3 more until the toe - and I've got a nice little ball of yarn still. Now I'm actually excited to see if I can finish them with the yarn I have so I'm cruising along. It's getting pretty big. I'll let you know how it goes.