Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Seriously


This is what it looks like outside my window this morning. And it's predicted that by this time tomorrow we'll have 4 to 6 inches more. It's making me grumpy. I love the snow and I think it's silly to complain about the weather but ... come on, it's April. I am so ready for green grass and crocuses and tree buds. I'm done with snow until December.

The doctor appointments went well yesterday - even if we were there for over 2 hours. All the boys are strong and healthy. The oldest, just 13 for one day, is now 5'7"! He's grown 8 inches in the last two years and has gained 42 pounds. He's eating us out of house and home. If you've never raised a teenage boy you can't imagine the amount of food he can consume. In a few years, they'll all be teenagers and we'll be in the poor house. The doctor wouldn't predict how tall the oldest will get but it's going to be well over 6 feet.

I forgot my knitting at home which was just as well because I was kept quite busy trying to juggle all three boys through the doctor's office procedures and making sure the boys behaved in the waiting room while I was in the exam room with each boy chatting with the doctor. The doctor didn't hassle me even the teeniest bit about my unvaccinated boys and I was so grateful. I didn't have the energy to fight with him.

Mr. Baseball took the boys home so I could do a little shopping. I stopped in to a LYS and couldn't find a single thing to buy. Their stock was skimpy and I'm rather picky so I left without a single thing (though I did find another copy of Knitting Marvelous Mittens). I guess I need to do my birthday shopping online. I'm just not sure what I want. I'd like something that I haven't tried before. Any suggestions?