Thursday, January 18, 2007

I could just spit!

I've been knitting for a long time now so I'm always happy when I discover something new - especially when that something is simple. I didn't actually discover anything - it's just that I finally decided to give something a try.

I don't know why I've never done it before. I guess I didn't think it would work or that the way I was doing it was working fine. Whatever the reason, this morning I woke up determined to give it a go.

I took my stealth scarf in one hand, and the newly wound ball of cashmere in the other and I ... well, I unplied them and spit on them. Yup. I finally tried spit splicing and was shocked at how great it works. Within seconds I had a great join in the yarn and I could continue on with my stealth knitting. I am just so happy with how well the splicing worked. It's wonderful not to have to weave in ends on the scarf and to know that it will be truly reversible without any little ends poking out where the yarn was woven in.

It's good to try new things.