Thursday, January 11, 2007

Bargain hunting


Oh. My. Goodness.

Not much stealth knitting was accomplished today as youngest son and I went bargain shopping. I love bargain shopping and the time after Christmas is the best time for it. I won't bore you all with the details of how I bought ten bags of chips, 3 Giggle Gear Masks, and a skateboard for $6.37 at Target but I will tell you that that's the kind of thing that gets me excited.

I decided it was a good day to return the defective Cherry Tree Hill yarn to the store from which I bought it. Beverly, the owner of Ewe'll Love It had already replaced the hank not once but twice but I needed to return the original hank so she could send it on to Cherry Tree Hill. While I was there I did a little shopping. I saw Louet Gems for the first time and I had to buy some (picture coming another day). I thought it might be nice to check out the books to see if they had Hats On! because I'm having problems with the amazon seller that I supposedly bought the book from. She was all out of Hats On! but she did have a copy of Knitting Marvelous Mittens!

I'm not sure how I first became interested in this book but I was shocked when I tried to buy it only to find that it was selling for $99 at amazon marketplace and is out of print. So you can imagine this bargain hunter's delight today when what to my wondering eyes should appear but 1 copy of this very book at the yarn store. It had to come home with me. It just had to.

There were other purchases today and I'm happy about all of them but for now I'm just enjoying this one.