Sunday, January 14, 2007

Foggy brain

Foggy brain today. I didn't sleep well last night.

My father died quite unexpectedly yesterday. We weren't particularly close. In fact, we had barely spoken in the past few years. My parents were divorced when I was very young and my father was an alcoholic for most of his life (although the last 18 or so years he has been sober). My relationship with my father was complicated. He was never a very good father but he never mistreated me. I always knew he loved me in his own way - he just loved himself more. I had made my peace with my father years ago. I didn't expect him to change; I accepted him for who he was. We just didn't have any need for a lot of contact.

Now he's gone. I don't have any regrets. It's just weird that he's gone. In his passing is a house FULL of stuff and no paperwork (insurance, deed to house, will) to be found. My younger brother is the one trying to sort everything out as he was the only child close to my Dad. It's a complicated and trying time.

I switched my blog over to the new blogger system and now my foggy brain won't let me figure out how to add photos to my links (like for KALs). I'm too tired and drained to figure it out properly. If you can help, that'd be great. For today, I'm going to try to do some uncomplicated, non-thinking kind of knitting. Then I'll try to take a nap.