Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The stockings were hung

Stockings

They were hung by the chimney with care and filled to the brim with goodies on Christmas Eve. The stockings have always been one of my favorite Christmas traditions. But now the stockings are empty and ready to be put away for another year.

We had a very nice Christmas. The inlaws arrived on Sunday for a brief overnight visit. The boys were thrilled to see their grandparents. We spent Christmas Eve with neighbors who do a very nice home church service. My boys like this so much better than going to "real" church on Christmas Eve.

Yesterday, we all spent the entire day in our jammies. We opened gifts, played with the new Wii, ate yummy food, and just generally enjoyed a relaxing Christmas. Mr. Baseball and the boys are off skiing today - enjoying the sunshine and very moderate temperatures. I did my annual post Christmas shopping this morning and finished by noon. I love to buy Hallmark wrapping paper for next year and scoff up some good deals at Target.

Now I'm spending the rest of the afternoon cleaning the house and knitting the Cherry Cordial sock. I clean a bit and knit a bit. I'm enjoying the quiet of my house.

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas.