Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Finished Objects

Today is a good day to show off a few finished objects.

I finished these Harvest Cable socks on Friday and have been trying to photograph them since then. I have come to accept that this is the best I'm going to get with the winter light.

Harvest Cable Socks
Pattern: Harvest Cables by the Sockguy (pattern no longer available)
Yarn: Wollmeise in Spice Market
Needles: Size 2.5 mm Knit Picks circulars


I can't say that I love knitting with Wollmeise. It's rather stringy and feels like cotton. It tends to hurt my wrists some, too. I will say, however, that I love the yardage and the colors are fabulous. Once the items are washed the fabric is lovely. I love my Wollmeise socks.

The second finished object is a picture of the Chocolate Crinkles from yesterday. It sure is nice to have cookies when it is COLD outside. When I left for my walk this morning it was only 19 F. It's a good thing I have a walking buddy or I'd never leave my house in the winter.

Cookies

My final picture shows the colors of our new kitchen walls and some of the cabinetry.

Odo napping

We found Odo up there last night - apparently playing hide-n-seek all by himself.