Thursday, July 05, 2007

Mimi and Papa


Happy 4th of July!
I love the 4th of July. It's a perfect holiday. This year was made even more special because my mother and step-father were here from Florida. My boys have loved every minute with their grandparents and especially enjoyed seeing the fireworks with their Mimi. We also had a little party with some friends and had a great time with lots of kids running around, plenty of food to eat, and pyrotechnics supplied by Mr. Baseball and Mr. Handyman (our friend who is remodeling our kitchen). Even the rain didn't spoil the festivities.

There hasn't been much time for knitting because I've been entertaining my parents. Mom loves to play Rummikub with me when she's here even though I beat the pants of her regularly. We have a good time.

Mom admired the Embossed Leaves sock but expressed her surprise once again that I would choose to knit socks which cost so much more to knit than to buy. The second sock is almost through the gusset now and should be finished soon. This is a wonderful pattern.

Mimi and Papa leave tonight after dinner. Hopefully we'll see Mimi again this fall if she can swing another trip north. Papa hasn't been back this way for 4 years so I don't expect we'll see him again anytime soon. I'll be sorry to see them go. I really wish my mom lived closer.