Thursday, July 26, 2007

I need a nap


I promised you a photo of my Sweet Georgia sock in progress and so you shall have it. I'm knitting the Cross-Stitch Block pattern from More Sensational Knitted Socks. I am LOVING this yarn. Wouldn't you know I'd love a yarn that is no longer available? Someone told me that the base yarn is Louet Gems and I do love Louet though I've never tried the true fingering weight. I've learned that I prefer my yarns to be tightly spun, with saturated colors and a good sproing to them. This yarn has all those characteristics.

I'm also enjoying the pattern. It works perfectly with this lightly colored semi-solid yarn. I'm not certain that I like how it fits. It's rather snug - the cross-stitch blocks pull in more than you'd think. I think it will be fine on the leg and I'll just knit the foot plain. If you are astute you will notice that there are no needles in my sock in progress. That's because just after I turned the heel and picked up the gusset stitches I noticed that I somehow skipped part of a row on the front of the sock. I completed the crosses on the back part where the heel is but missed that row on these 32 stitches. Alas, there was no way to fix it because not only had I skipped the row with the cable crosses but I had knit the next row that holds them into place. So ... RIP went the heel. I'm too tired and hot right now to get it back on the needles. That can be done after a little nap.