Sunday, May 06, 2007

Still freezing

Apple Laine Delicious

The yarn is Apple Laine's Red Delicious. Doesn't it look yummy? It's got a wacky content of 50% wool, 20% mohair, 20% silk and 10% nylon. It feels very, very soft but substantial at the same time and it is a dream to knit with. I'm making a pair of plain vanilla socks and there is no striping or pooling or flashing. The colors are great. I'm loving this yarn.

Did you know that you can freeze and get a sunburn at the same time? It was a long week of baseball in which I froze my butt off most of the time. Yesterday we were at the field for over 5 hours. I served over an hour in the concession stand - missing a stand up double by the oldest while I was in there. The rest of the time I spent walking back and forth between the fields to watch all three boys play. I didn't take off my fleece all day because it was too cold. When I got home last night I learned that I had a sunburn on my face. Sheesh! You'd think if you're freezing you wouldn't get enough sun for a sunburn.

The weather is supposed to get warm this week and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm tired of being cold.