Thursday, May 24, 2007

Keeping busy

Even with all the thinking going on, there has been plenty of time for other pursuits. I have been knitting and I have the photo to prove it.

Stole beginning

These twelve rows, which mark the first completed round (of 39), of my copper stole took me an unbelievable amount of time yesterday. While the Bryspun needles feel great to work with and don't seem to bother my Carpal Tunnel, they are almost impossible to do a k2 or p2 together with. I may have to switch to different needles if I'm to complete this stole. I may also have to give up on my perfectionist tendencies. This will be a slow mover and I promise not to keep you updated inch by inch but I'll share my progress over the summer.

The Skinny Dipping socks are coming along nicely. I probably could have finished them yesterday if I hadn't worked so long on that 1 inch of lace knitting. I've got 1.5 repeats of the pattern left on the foot and then the toe. I should be done very soon. I promise an interesting skinny dipping story to accompany my final photo of the socks. G rating of course.

As the weather was still cool enough for baking yesterday I whipped up a batch of peanut butter cookies. I had been having a craving for over a week and took the time yesterday to satisfy it. Mmmmmm! I don't see much baking in my immediate future as Memorial Day marks the unofficial start of summer in NH. I don't use my oven in the summer. Baking will have to wait until apple pie season.

Peanut butter cookies


There has also been lots and lots of baseball. Oldest boy had a double header on Tuesday and has another one today. We'll be at the fields a long time. The season for the school team will be over very soon and then things will settle down quite a bit. Oldest boy has enjoyed being on the school team but, as is true in every baseball season, much of it has been "character building". Babe Ruth baseball, on the other hand, has been a joy. If I could hug his coach after every game, I would. I get the feeling he wouldn't take too kindly to it.

The Red Sox have been a blast to watch so far this season (well, except for the past few days but I'm choosing to ignore that). What a team!

I've also been doing some reading. I have a very bad memory and I don't remember anything I read. I've been re-reading the Harry Potter books in preparation for the last book coming out in July. I finished #4 last night and started #5. I've got a good pace set to finish before the last book is released.