Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ravelry



I got my invite to Ravelry about a month ago and started my notebook there. I quickly became overwhelmed, however, when I couldn't figure out how to work the system. I'm not very technologically advanced and I quit easily when I can't figure things out. Last night and this morning I spent a bit more time and was able to upload more projects, edit my profile, and put projects in my queue. I'm finally happy.

Someone asked on the Knitty boards if folks would be abandoning their blogs after Ravelry goes public. I was surprised at how many people said they would give up their blogs for Ravelry. I think I really like Ravelry. It's a great place to store project pictures, queue items, and stash yarns all in one place. I love the ability to search for a pattern to see if others have made it (much easier than Googling the pattern as I typically have done). I don't see it replacing my blog though. They're two very different things and they work well together.

Is anyone else on Ravelry yet? Drop me a line so I can add you as a friend.