Sunday, June 10, 2007

A few of my favorite things

In between freaky thunderstorms, tornado warnings and just plain rain, we had some wonderful breaks of sunny, warmish weather. I took advantage of one afternoon to sit on the back deck and enjoy a few of my favorite things.

boys playing


My two younger boys outside playing. One wanted to play baseball (as always) and one wanted to play a pretend dragon game (that's his dragon book). I'm not sure how they worked it out but I didn't hear any fighting.

the garden


The beginnings of the vegetable garden. I am so grateful that the freaky weather didn't destroy the garden. I can't wait for juicy tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozarela salad.

summer reading


Summer reading - just perfect for enjoying a sunny afternoon on the deck. Oh, how I love a good cooking magazine!

outside


Isn't it wonderful when a hard cover book stays open for you so you can knit and read? I'm just about done re-reading the HP books in preparation for the new release. I'm so glad I re-read them because I hadn't remembered very much. The first Juta's stocking is now finished. I'll cast on for the second today at All Star practice.