Monday, June 18, 2007

A bargain

vintage needles
Saturday was the first weekend day I've had free in a long time so I spent it doing one of my favorite activities. I scoured yard sales. What was particularly unusual was that my town was having its annual town-wide yarn sale. Normally, I need to drive into the nearest town 25 minutes away to start looking at the sales. Instead I was able to spend the day ambling around my own small hometown.

I found a few nice things - some brand new Pampered Chef kitchen items for 50 cents each (still in the wrappings), a pair of skis for youngest son, some great shorts for oldest son, and a beanie baby dog for the middle son (just because he was the only one without and it was 50 cents). My favorite buy of the day, however, was my first. I found a nice cotton tote bag filled with three old knitting needle rolls. They are jam packed with vintage knitting needles. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with all these needles and I'm sure I'll never use most of them but they are pretty cool. Any suggestions what I should do with them?