Wednesday, June 27, 2007

No pictures

I have been knitting this week. Honestly. I finished my first Embossed Leaves sock. I love everything about this sock. The Louet Gems is a dream to work with and the light fingering weight is perfect for a slightly heavier sock. I'm glad I have more in the stash to work with. I even followed the pattern for the star toe and, while I thought I'd probably rip it out, I really like both how it looks and how it fits. This is a terrific pattern.

Sadly, I do not have a picture to share with you because Mr. Baseball took the digital camera with him to Cub Scout camp. Mr. Baseball and the younger two boys are off at camp this week leaving me and Oldest Boy home. Oldest boy has enjoyed being an only child for a few days and I've enjoyed the relative quiet. I really miss Mr. Baseball a lot and can't wait for him to come home. The bed's too big without him.

I cast on for the second Embossed Leaves sock and finished the twisted rib cuff last night. It's almost too hot to knit with temps in the mid 90s and my brain needs a simpler pattern until the temps come down. I cast on for a simple plain vanilla sock using some Vesper yarn I acquired. Vesper yarn is highly sought after and flies out of the shop during updates so I was pretty happy to score some. I have to say, however, that I'm pretty disappointed in the yarn. It seems awfully thin and there are many white spots between color changes. I can't seem to get the yarn to flow along the needle cables when I switch sides and I never, ever have this problem. I'm not enjoying knitting with it at all and I'm not impressed with the yarn base or the colors. This is one yarn I don't need to buy again. Live and learn.

Mr. Baseball will be home late on Thursday evening so I hope to have pictures to share on Friday.