Saturday, September 01, 2007

History

If you didn't watch the Red Sox game tonight, you missed an amazing game. It was, in fact, an historical game. For the first time in Red Sox history, a rookie pitcher pitched a no hitter. Clay Bucholz, who was only called up to the team today, pitched nine solid innings and did not allow a single hit. It was awe inspiring.

I nervously knit my Good Juju socks throughout the entire game. The Red Sox won 10-0 but it wasn't the runs that were impressive. I'm so happy to have had the opportunity to watch this young kid throw the game of his life. His name will forever be part of Red Sox history.

There was lots of knitting going on at the House of Baseball today. This morning I finished my Pheasant Run socks. I had hoped to finish them last night but had to put them aside to work on the Juju socks during the game (not that they helped last night). There is nothing I dislike about these socks. The pattern and yarn combination is perfect. Sheri put together an amazing sock club package. I hope that Lisa Parker makes this pattern available for sale in the future because it is perfect for variegated yarns.

Pheasant Run Socks pair

Pattern: Pheasant Run by Lisa Parker
Yarn: Claudia's Handpainted
Needles: 2.5 mm Knit Picks circulars


The Claudia's is wonderfully soft yarn. It feels almost buttery and it smells amazing. All that being said, I can't see myself knitting with it again. In the end, I had 3 yards of yarn left and that's cutting it too close for me.

I cast on another sock immediatly using the Artyarns I flashed last week from my Secret Pal. This is some wonderful yarn. I'll post more details soon.