Friday, September 14, 2007

Fall Bounty

Fall Bounty

Clearly the crisp air has gotten to my head. Look at all this beautiful fall colored yarn!

It started innocently enough. I needed yarn to match my Garter Rib Sock and found that Allison at Simply Sock Yarn carried Artyarn and had the perfect yarn that matched my sock. It seemed silly, however, to order one lone skein of yarn so I put a couple of other things in my cart. That's how I got the Shelridge Farms yarn in a color called Fury which is a dark speckled heathery green. It's hard to describe and to photograph so you'll just have to trust me when I say it's lovely. I also picked up some Dream in Color Smoosh in November Muse. It's a perfect brown harvesty sort of color.

The next thing I knew, Sheri at The Loopy Ewe had a sneaky daytime Sneak Up. I had Loopy money just burning a hole in my pocket because I had recently earned some Frequent Shopper credit AND won a contest on Pat's blog where I earned a Loopy gift certificate. I knew exactly what I wanted - Wollmeise! I got two skeins - Spice Market and Granatapfel.

It wasn't until the Wollmeise arrived today that I realized that all my new yarns are very fallish. Aren't they beautiful? I wish I had a horn of plenty to store them in.