Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A little update



Contractor Dude showed up yesterday to start the renovations on the house. His first order of business was to remove the lovely wallpaper in the kitchen and dining area. You have no idea how much I hate this ugly wallpaper. The house is a mess and it's difficult to feed the children with the kitchen being worked on but I know it will all be worth it in the end.

We spent a lot of time outside yesterday enjoying the beautiful fall weather. I was able to spend some time on the socks in progress but not enough to share. What I will share is this lovely package that I received all the way from Australia.

Australia package

DesignerGeek sent me this lovely parcel (which also had a wonderful dark chocolate bar which disappeared very quickly) as a thank you gift for the Summer Camp Ravelry exchange. Isn't this beautiful? The yarn is from The Knittery and is a cashmere/merino blend that is LUCIOUS!! I've seen this yarn at other vendors but was never interested in the multi colored yarns. I love this semi solid in Dark Reds. She also sent me a cute little sock project bag. The fabric is beautiful and I love having another project bag to keep my stuff safe. I feel very spoiled.