Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Stealth scarf finished

Stealth Scarf


Today is my husband's birthday and it was 10 degrees F when he left for work. It was the perfect time for him to wear his new cashmere scarf. I don't have any modeled photos of the scarf but he wrapped it lovingly around his neck before leaving the house. I don't normally knit for him because while he's terribly supportive my my knitting habit he has no desire for hand knits himself. He seemed to love the scarf.

The pattern for the scarf is called Little Pyramids. The pattern was a simple 6 row pattern - actually, a 3 row pattern that repeated backwards. It doesn't roll at all on the side or top edges and is completely reversible. I ordered the cashmere from Sarah's Yarns and I was very happy with it. Her service was exceptional and her prices for cashmere are very, very good. I LOVED knitting with the cashmere - it was soft like butter but sturdy. It produced a fabric with wonderful drape and very good stitch definition. Maybe I'll even make a cashmere scarf for myself sometime.

This is my second completed project for Project Spectrum in the blue/gray/white triad. I have two more projects on the needles right now. I'm making mittens for my youngest with some Cascade 220 in a heathery blue and I decided to knit the Conwy socks with the J. Knits Boston. Clearly, these colors are not a stretch for me. I should have mitten pictures to share soon.