Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Recycled yarn

This morning, this
100_1741
became this
100_1745

I've had that lone sock in my knitting bag for years. I'm not even entirely sure what pattern or yarn the sock is. I do know that I loved it when I knit it but for some reason never knit its mate. It was a beautiful sock but it didn't fit. It was too big. Knowing I'd never knit it a partner I decided to just frog the whole thing. I'll have to see if I have a matching skein of yarn somewhere. If I can find a matching skein the yarn shall become socks. If I can't find a matching skein, I've decided the yarn will become a keyhole scarf.

I'm still knitting the Conwy sock. I'm making progress - almost through the gusset decreases on the second sock - but nothing photo worthy. I should have a finished second sock soon.