Thursday, November 08, 2007

Whole lotta bakin' goin' on!

Peanut butter white chocolate chip brownies

Okay, it's a bad play on words I'll admit. I'm not sure if it's a little bit of mother guilt for abandoning my babies for the weekend or the fact that it's starting to feel mighty chilly around here or if it's the thought of the impending holidays, but my new double wall ovens have gotten a lot of use already this week. We've had cinnamon buns, roast chicken, whole wheat rolls, chocolate chip cookies, pork tenderloin, and, finally, these peanut butter white chocolate chip brownies. In all fairness, I must say that the brownies look much better in this photo than they actually tasted. They were made for Oldest Boy's sports banquet though and hungry boys are not picky about their sweets.

Since my return on Sunday evening, I've spent the majority of my time cooking, cleaning, and doing laundry. The laundry pile just never seems to get any smaller. Last night, the boys decided to give our long haired cat a bath. You can't imagine the pile of dirty towels that one bath produced.

Here's Odysseus this morning looking like he might have preferred a spin in the washing machine instead of the bath in the tub.

Odo in basket

Until last night, I hadn't even touched my knitting since Sunday. When I abandoned the Harvest Cables sock before the World Series I failed to make a note of what row I was on. I've been too tired or busy to try to figure out where I was. Last night, about 45 minutes before we had to walk out the door I finally sat down to take a look at the sock. It didn't take me long to get back on track and now I'm happily knitting along. I hope to have this first sock done soon.