Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thankful Thursday

NH Knitting Mama is suggesting a Thankful Thursday blog theme today. This is something I can get behind. In general, I'm a very grateful person and I try to take the time every single day to take stock of my many blessings and to be thankful for all that I am blessed with.

With no pictures for embellishment and in no particular order here are just a few of the things I am grateful for today:

1. My walking friend, Melanie. Every day, rain or shine, hot or cold, Melanie and I meet at 8:15 to walk 4 miles together. There are many, many mornings when I'd rather stay inside but I know that she's counting on me so I get my butt out there. 4 miles in one hour and we never run out of things to talk about. Melanie is wonderful in many other neighborly ways but I am particularly grateful to have her for my walking buddy.

2. Good neighbors. Melanie is only one of my many wonderful neighbors. I know that I am truly blessed to live in a neighborhood where people watch out for each other. I've had meals delivered, my driveway shoveled, my cats fed, my children chaufered, cars loaned and, of course, eggs borrowed. I've also had neighbors call if they saw my children doing something that they thought I might want to know about and neighbors who felt comfortable speaking to the boys themselves. I am grateful to have neighbors who feel like they can call me to borrow some baking soda, to baby sit their child or to drive a child to soccer practice.

3. My home. I loved my home before my renovations but now I truly love my home. As I was walking up the driveway this morning after my walk I looked at my bright yellow house and said, "I am so grateful for all this." Having a nice home to live in with my family is such a blessing to me. This is so different than I how I grew up and I feel so blessed to be able to offer my boys such a wonderful place to live. We are truly blessed.

4. Yarn. Okay, it might sound superfluous after all my lofty blessings but this is a knitting blog. Today, in the mail, I received my Loopy Ewe Winter Sock Club kit. I don't want to give away the surprise so I won't post a picture yet but there is some yummy Yarn Pirate BFL yarn included. I haven't made any yarn purchases and don't intend to do so anytime soon because I am feeling overwhelmed by my stash and feel the need to use some of what I have accumulated. What a blessing to have so much yarn!