Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A surprise

dishcloths2


Does anything cheer you up quite as much as an unexpected package in the mail? Today I received these wonderful dishcloths from Abigail. She and I had emailed back and forth months ago about the allure of dishcloths. I've never quite gotten the draw to knitting or using them but Abigail tells me that I'll be converted from my spongey ways once I give these a try. I can't knit with cotton myself because it kills my wrists so I appreciate this gift all the more. The astute among you may notice my shiny new sink. I don't miss the old brown porcelain one even a tiny bit.

dishcloths 1

Abigal wrote a little note to let me know that she knit these in honor of the Red Sox victory. How cool to have Red Sox dishcloths! I'll give them a try later on tonight even though it seems a shame to get them dirty. Thank you, Abigail. This package was definitely a bright spot in my week.

First Harvest Cable Sock


I have managed to do a little knitting myself. Here is the first Harvest Cable sock complete. I'm liking it an awful lot. Wollmeise is a beautiful thing. It's so nice to know there's no way I could possibly run out of yarn. This pattern is quite nice too. I'll have to find a way to share it as it says on the bottom that it can be shared as long as the copyright remains attached. I do wonder what happened to the Sock Guy. He had great patterns.