Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving



It's just the boys and me for Thanksgiving this year. The inlaws were here last weekend, my folks live in Florida and my sister decided to stay home this year. I cook the same amount of food no matter who's here and somehow it all gets eaten. Today we feasted until we were about to burst. We had the best turkey ever (thanks to Cooks Illustrated and Trader Joe's) and I've finally found a great roll recipe.



It's been a crazy week with the inlaws visiting, our first snow of the season and my van breaking down yet again. I don't think I mentioned that Oldest Boy made the school basketball team. We were very surprised when he decided to try out because it's been years since he played basketball but we figured it couldn't hurt to try out. You can't even imagine our surprise when he made the team. I'm sure the fact that's he's the tallest kid there didn't hurt but he's got a lot to learn. This means that once again our lives are scheduled around getting Oldest Boy where he needs to be when he needs to be there. I'm trying to be happy for him.

I'm knitting a tiny bit every day but it's slow going. I plan to finish these Harvest Cable socks by the end of the month and can't wait to cast on the second Green Monster Rally Monkey sock. Although the Spice Market is a beautiful color, I really look forward to knitting with something more bright and cheerful.