Monday, March 10, 2008

The Boy Hat

The Boy Hat

Pattern: The Boy Hat Pattern

Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Azul Profundo

Needles: size 7 U.S.

Modifications: None - knit exactly as written


Boy Hat top

It's really just a simple 4x4 ribbed hat but with some interesting decreasing on the top. I think it's the perfect man/boy type hat. I plan to give this to one of my brother-in-laws for Christmas and may make a matching scarf or neck warmer to go with it.

I'm really enjoying my venture into worsted weight yarns and needles larger than 2.5 mm. All my socks have been quite unceremoniously tossed aside for time being. I miss them but I'm having a great time with Malabrigo March and intend to keep going. In fact, I cast on another project yesterday.

Malabrigo Continental Blue

Don't you want to squish that yarn? This is more Malabrigo in Continental Blue. It's a bright cheerful blue. I'm knitting a Koolhaas with it. I don't actually know anyone who would appreciate the color or the hat and I don't know what I'll do with it but I'm about half way done and I'm really liking the pattern. What I really need to do is find someone who wants to trade a knitted item for something sewn or something else I'm incapable of doing myself.

Koolhaas beginning