Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I was so good

The truth is, that while Mr. Baseball and the boys were away last week, I really, really enjoyed the solitude and quiet. I also missed them all - especially Mr. Baseball. I have the greatest husband and I really hate to be away from him. I tried to soothe myself with a little retail therapy but I couldn't find anything I HAD to have and I didn't want to settle. There were no Loopy updates and Woolgirl didn't get in anything new to tempt me. I even called a not-so-local yarn store who is supposed to be getting in a shipment of Dream in Color but the yarn hadn't been delivered yet.

On Monday, just hours before all my boys returned home, the mail carrier delivered these packages to me. I almost couldn't contain my excitment. I felt like I had been rewarded for being such a good girl. One package, I knew contained my Loopy sock club stuff. The other had come all the way from Germany!

Blogless Dana, who I met on Ravelry, sent me a gift from Germany to thank me for organizing the Summer Camp Swap that's currently going on (oy, I had no idea how much work organizing a swap for 100 people would be). Dana sent me Wollmeise in the Hot Chili Pepper colorway! She also sent me a cool postcard and a recipe for a delicious sounding chocolate cake. What a generous soul.



Finally, I opened my Loopy Ewe Fall Sock Club package. It's lovely. All of it. I have mixed feelings about the Claudia because the yardage is so skimpy but I'm going to give it a go. The yarn itself and the colors are gorgeous and very, very fallish. I love the pattern. In fact, I had to wind up a cake and cast on for a sock to see how it would look (pictures later) and it's pretty cool. My plan is to complete one round of the pattern (26 rows) and then get back to my Cabled (Sweat) Sock. I'm almost to the heel on the second sock.