Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday morning chores

Drying by the fire

It's been a crazy, busy week around here and next week looks even crazier. This morning I took some time to catch up on some chores. I started the first load of laundry at 6:45 and then threw a big batch of socks into the kitchen sink to soak. It always makes me laugh when people say they "don't have the time" to handwash socks. Anyway, after a soak and wringing them out in a towel I put them on a drying rack to dry near the woodstove.

Fire

It's always nice to see the washed socks all line up waiting to dry. It makes me feel industrious. A crackling fire and wet wool smell like winter to me.

Bearfoot Closeup

While I was spending time in the family room, I realized that the lighting might be good enough to finally get a decent picture of this Bearfoot yarn. The base is very dark plum but it has beautiful colors like blue, green and purple running through it. This picture is very close to how the yarn looks in person. I'm very happy to have settled on something to knit that I enjoy. This sock is working for me right now.