Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Zee Zig Zag Hat

zig zag front

Zee Zig Zag Hat, she is finished!

I haven't knit something this quick in many years. I cast on last Thursday and finished on Monday night. It's really a very nice pattern. In fact, I think I'll make another one with just a couple of modifications. This is the first time I've knit with Koigu. I must say that although it's lovely yarn, I don't really get all the hype. I liked the solid yarn much better than the variegated yarn. I'm sure it's the same base but the solid felt softer and even a little thicker. I do like how the two worked together.

zig zag back

The hat fits me a lot differently than it does my boys but they were the easiest models I could find. They proclaimed the hat itchy and all of them said they would not want me to knit a hat for them. Oldest son has been asking me to knit him a hat for ages and I was planning to do so but if they find Koigu itchy I'm not sure what yarn he would like.